Langkawi, or the ‘Jewel of Kedah, refers to the district and an archipelago of 99 islands on the West Coast of Malaysia with the beautiful natural landscape, parks, and iconic architectures. Being awarded ‘Geopark’ by UNESCO, Langkawi has become one of the popular holiday destinations for local and international tourists.
(Photo by Nur Syafiqah on Unsplash)
People usually enter Langkawi through the ferry services from other states in Malaysia or islands of Thailand. Nevertheless, the island of Langkawi can be reached not only by sea but air as well.
Located on the south-western part of the island, Langkawi International Airport (LGK) serves mainly two airlines- AirAsia and Malindo Air. As the aviation services are getting back on track for certain states in Malaysia with a list of SOP applied, we’d like to frame out the transfer guidelines you would find in Langkawi Airport.
The Available Airport Transfers in Langkawi Airport
Langkawi Auto Express
Since 2001, Langkawi Auto Express has been serving fast, efficient, and comfortable transportation services to tourists. There are different types of vehicles under the express services. For instance, cars, buses, motorcycles, and other vehicles are the available options with port tax and insurance premium applied with the travel package. As of March 2021, group tourists are allowed to start booking the vehicles for the trips in May, June, July, and August 2021. The only thing to remember is that payment and necessary documents are required upon registration to avoid cancellation. More details for the fare and booking details can be found here.
Taxi/ Grab Services
With the rising of technological usage, Grab services are within a click away. While the bookings are done by phone, the charges can be varied depending on the destinations people are going to and from the airport.
The Airport Taxi Counters, on the other hand, are located at the baggage claim area and terminal exit. Passengers can visit the counter to purchase coupons from the staff and proceed to the taxi stand outside the terminal. The one-way taxi fares from the airport itself are fixed based on the capacity and destinations. Refer to the table in the link to find out more.
The Latest Safety SOP In Malaysia Airports
- Interstate travel is still invalid at the moment. Thus, only passengers with permitted documents from the authorities to travel interstate are allowed to go onboard.
- The employees will be checking each passenger’s body temperature and ensuring they wear a face mask before entering the terminal building.
- The airports have prepared anti-microbial sneeze guards and hand sanitizers at service counters and around the terminal.
- The airports also conduct regular sanitization and disinfection through dry-mist fumigation, Blu-ray anion nanospray gun, and micro-mist blower.
- The patrols and the digital screens around the terminal will ensure all passengers practice safety measures.
- Passengers can also require assistance from the Airport CARE Ambassadors at any time before their flights.
SOP of Malindo Air
- Passengers need to update their e-declaration form online before departure.
- Other than the passengers, facial masks are required for all ground service.
- Disinfection and cleaning- cabin spraying and aircraft deep cleaning.
- Temperature screening for all cabin crew and passengers.
- The cabin crew will serve with protective gear and extra duty.
SOP of AirAsia
- Face masks are required before, during, and after the flight, including during check-in and bag collection.
- Disinfection and deep cleaning according to the terms of the Airbus Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) are conducted for 2 hours every night-stop.
- Temperature screening for all cabin crew and passengers.
- Safety advice will be given frequently- wear face masks and gloves (on the flight), sanitize hands, observe the seat signage and floor markers at queuing areas.
- Passengers are required to use the contactless web (kiosks at the airport and a Passenger Reconciliation System) and mobile apps to check-in themselves.
- Special arrangements for the onboarding sequence will be applied to ensure all guests observe the staggering boarding policy.
- All aircraft are equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors, or also known as the HEPA Filters, to filter out dust particles and airborne contaminants every 3 minutes.
- All meals are produced and packaged hygienically following the strict food safety requirements.
- Regular monitor on production staff to abide by the COVID-19 guidelines and disposable cabin crew’s handling menu items.
Private Airport Transfers & Charters Services
Experience a hassle-free direct airport transfer to and from Langkawi International Airport by booking a private driver that will directly transfer you from the airport to any destinations you desire.
A delayed flight is no more a problem as Tourplus drivers can wait for up to 90 minutes. You can personalize your ride according to your needs and preference upon booking, which includes the baby seat and the car type that fits your expectations. It’s the most convenient option, especially for large travel groups or families.
Also, nowadays, we’ve turned Tourplus, into a social travel app where it doesn’t only cater to the above services, but also allows users to post images and make reviews on places they have visited before. On top of that, Tourplus app serves as a catalog for users to browse through places nearby during their journey in Malaysia.
To have your hassle-free private airport transfer and create a travel journal, you may work on them through the Tourplus website or the application. For more information on the Langkawi Airport (LGK) Private Airport Transfer, feel free to check them out here. Have a nice trip ahead. ✈️
So download now and enjoy your hassle-free private airport transfer exclusively with Tourplus now.
– – –
Refer back to our previous posts on Penang International Airport Transfer Guide and Kuala Lumpur Airport Transfer Guide if you are thinking of visiting Penang and KL as well. We hope you have a pleasant and safe journey in Malaysia.