Imagine yourself watching an apocalypse movie- a few innocents find themselves in a wasteland, smoke roams everywhere they go, the virus has been spreading across the town, and one wrong turn might instantly send them to the pounce of zombies. The current Covid-19 pandemic has less-different than what we see in those movies, metaphorically. People feel paranoid to leave their house in fear of the virus infection.
In Malaysia, this epidemic has been affecting everyone’s lifestyle for over a year. We’ve been through the circle of Movement Control Order (MCO), Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), and Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) over and over again.
(Photo by CK Yeo on Unsplash)
Good news is, we have some states that fall under the category of RMCO such as Labuan, Langkawi (Kedah), Melaka, Pahang, Perlis, Putrajaya, Sabah, and Terengganu. To top it up, travelling domestically is now allowed in those states with conditions, announced Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, Senior Minister of Security Cluster.
How does it work though? Below are the two instructions given:
- Tourists have to travel by tourist vehicles and travel agencies with the approval from the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, and Culture (MOTAC).
- Permission from PDRM is required.
The Available Transportations For Airport Transfers in the RMCO States
(Photo by Sangga Rima Roman Selia on Unsplash)
Airplane services are also available in times like these. You may want to read the Air Travel Requirements from the Malaysian Airports before making a plane reservation.
Also, it’s always good to check out the transfer options before touching base on the arrival hall of the destination. Here we have lined up some for you that are generally on service in Malaysia, regardless of their cordon sanitaire:
- Transit/ Express Buses (Eg: KKKL Express, KTM Berhad, Transnasional, and more)
- Taxi/ Grab Services
- Scooters and bicycles for rent
- Private Airport Charter Services (Scroll down below to find out our recommendation)
The Latest Safety SOP in Malaysia
While domestic tourists are eager to unwind themselves from being grounded at home far too long, it’s necessary to adhere to the basic preventive measures taken by the airport staff as below:
- Interstate travel is still invalid at the moment. Thus, only passengers with permitted documents from the authorities to travel interstate are allowed to go onboard.
- The employees will be checking each passenger’s body temperature and ensuring they wear a face mask before entering the terminal building.
- The airports have prepared anti-microbial sneeze guards and hand sanitizers at service counters and around the terminal.
- The airports also conduct regular sanitization and disinfection through dry-mist fumigation, Blu-ray anion nanospray gun, and micro-mist blower.
- The patrols and the digital screens around the terminal will ensure all passengers practice safety measures.
- Passengers can also require assistance from the Airport CARE Ambassadors at any time before their flights.
Private Airport Transfers and Charters Services
Experience a hassle-free direct airport transfer to and from any airports (Langkawi, Senai, Kuala Lumpur, Penang) by booking a private driver that will directly transfer you from the airport to any destinations you desire.
A delayed flight is no more a problem as Tourplus drivers can wait for up to 90 minutes. You can personalize your ride according to your needs and preference upon booking, which includes the baby seat and the car type that fits your expectations. It’s the most convenient option, especially for large travel groups or families.
Also, nowadays, we’ve turned Tourplus, into a social travel app where it doesn’t only cater to the above services, but also allows users to post images and make reviews on places they have visited before. On top of that, Tourplus app serves as a catalog for users to browse through places nearby during their journey in Malaysia.
To have your hassle-free private airport transfer and create a travel journal, you may work on them through the Tourplus website or the application. So download now and enjoy your hassle-free private airport transfer exclusively with Tourplus now. Have a nice trip ahead. ✈️
Terms and Conditions
- App booking is required, the system will auto assign Tourplus guides within 2 hours.
- Once the booking is completed, your Tourplus voucher will be sent via email.
- Promotion is applicable through Tourplus App only (download from Google Play Store and Apple App Store).
- All Tourplus guides are verified, trained, and certified.
- MYR60 flat rate only applies on airport transfers back and forth from your destination, KLIA and KLIA 2.
- Flat rate MYR60 is valid until 31st December 2021.
- Tourplus reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions.
– – –
Refer back to our previous posts on Penang International Airport Transfer Guide, Kuala Lumpur Airport Transfer Guide, and Langkawi International Airport (LGK) Transfer Guide if you are thinking of visiting Penang, KL and Langkawi as well. We hope you have a pleasant and safe journey in Malaysia.