“Hang in there, the wait is almost over.” That’s what people have been telling one another nowadays as we see people slowly getting vaccinated. While the variants outbreak is concerning, many are hoping for their lives to go back to normal, which includes the free flow of travel freedom without stress.
It’s still an uncertain situation whereby no one knows the next availability for people to partake in domestic travel, much less international travel. Despite the lockdown enforcement in Malaysia, flight services are still available for important purposes, such as education, business trips, medication and treatments in other countries, and more.
Just about 5 months ago, we published an article on domestic travel within RMCO (Recovery Movement Control Order) states. That, however, is facing changes as our country is currently going through the National Recovery Plan (NRP) with some changes on the policy applied.
The updates of NRP states as of today are as below:
- Phase 1- Kedah, Selangor, KL, Putrajaya, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor.
- Phase 2- Penang, Perak, Pahang, Kelantan, Terengganu, Sabah.
- Phase 3- Perlis, Sarawak, Labuan.
The Available Airport Transfer Options in Malaysia
As usual, the airport transfer options at the arrival services still remain the same as before (with stringent SOPs applied). Here we have lined up some for you that are generally on service in Malaysia:
- Transit/ Express Buses (Eg: KKKL Express, KTM Berhad, Transnasional, and more)
- Taxi/ Grab Services
- Scooters and bicycles for rent
- Private Airport Charter Services (Scroll down below to find out our recommendation)
Previously, we shared about the airport transfer guides in different states. For instance, articles catering to airport transfer in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, and Langkawi are those with detailed information on the transportation services for fellow travellers. You may want to check them out after confirming your flight schedule.
The Latest SOPs in Malaysia
While each state might fall under different phase categories, there are still rules that are generally applied to all citizens, in hope of curtailing the rise of daily cases. The common relaxed SOPs are as follows (for fully vaccinated individuals):
- Indoor dining is allowed; outdoor dining with good ventilation is encouraged.
- Patrons are instructed to present MySejahtera digital vaccine certificate.
- Fully vaccinated parents may dine in with their children aged 17 and below with strict SOPs apply.
- Morning, night, and weekend markets are allowed.
- Picnic and camping are allowed, with strict SOPs apply to those aged 17 and below.
- Non-physical contact outdoor leisure, sports, and recreational activities are allowed between 6pm and 10pm.
- Cross-state visitations are allowed for married couples and parents to see their children (aged below 18), with supporting documents along.
- The usual car-carrying capacity is resumed, except for the ride-hailing services and other non-vaccinated drivers/passengers (1 driver and 1 passenger per car).
- Staycations at hotels and homestays are allowed in NRP Phase 2 & 3 states only.
Safety Measures by The Airlines
- Passengers are instructed to confirm their eligibility before taking the flight.
- Face masks are required before, during, and after the flight, including during check-in and bag collection.
- Passengers are required to use the contactless web (kiosks at the airport and a Passenger Reconciliation System) and mobile apps to check-in themselves.
- Disinfection and deep cleaning according to the terms of the Airbus Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) are conducted for 2 hours every night-stop.
- Temperature screening for all cabin crew and passengers.
- Safety advice will be given frequently- wear face masks and gloves (on the flight), sanitize hands, observe the seat signage and floor markers at queuing areas.
- Special arrangements for the onboarding sequence will be applied to ensure all guests observe the staggering boarding policy.
- All aircraft are equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors, or also known as HEPA Filters, to filter out dust particles and airborne contaminants every 3 minutes.
- All meals are produced and packaged hygienically following the strict food safety requirements.
- Regular monitor on production staff to abide by the COVID-19 guidelines and disposable cabin crew’s handling menu items.
- Thermal screening and mandatory quarantine (depends on destinations/ countries) will take place upon arrival.
More details can be found here.
- Social distancing rules are still applied whenever possible to ensure the safety of passengers and employees, despite the removal of inflight social distancing (ISD) by Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport.
- Face masks are enforced at the touchpoints such as check-in, boarding, in the aircraft cabin, disembarkation, and collection of baggage on arrival.
- Extra masks and hand sanitizers limited to 100ml of Liquid Alcohol Gel (LAG) are allowed.
- Regular in-plane disinfection is carried out while the aircraft are equipped with High-Efficiency Particle Filters (HEPA) that filter and recirculates air from the cabin and restores it with fresh air.
- UV light technology has been installed by Malaysia Airports to sanitize luggage before it is ready for collection (available in some airports).
- Passengers will be given contactless temperature screening and a Health Alert Card which must be kept for the next 14 days.
- Effective from 24th July 2020, all passengers travelling into Malaysia need to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine at dedicated quarantine centers upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and must bear the cost of quarantine as determined by the Malaysian Ministry of Health.
- Medical communicable disease kits are prepared in the aircraft to reduce the risk of onboard disease transmission.
More details can be found here.
Private Airport Transfers and Charters Services
Experience a hassle-free direct airport transfer to and from any airport (Langkawi, Senai, Kuala Lumpur, Penang) by booking a private driver that will directly transfer you from the airport to any destinations you desire.
A delayed flight is no more a problem as Tourplus drivers can wait for up to 90 minutes. You can personalize your ride according to your needs and preference upon booking, which includes the baby seat and the car type that fits your expectations. It’s the most convenient option, especially for large travel groups or families.
Also, nowadays, we’ve turned Tourplus, into a social travel app where it doesn’t only cater to the above services, but also allows users to post images and make reviews on places they have visited before. On top of that, the Tourplus app serves as a catalog for users to browse through places nearby during their journey in Malaysia.
To have your hassle-free private airport transfer and create a travel journal, you may work on them through the Tourplus website or the application. So download now and enjoy your hassle-free private airport transfer exclusively with Tourplus now. Have a nice trip ahead. ✈️
Terms and Conditions
- App booking is required, the system will auto-assign Tourplus guides within 2 hours.
- Once the booking is completed, your Tourplus voucher will be sent via email.
- Promotion is applicable through Tourplus App only (download from Google Play Store and Apple App Store).
- All Tourplus guides are verified, trained, and certified.
- MYR60 flat rate only applies on airport transfers back and forth from your destination, KLIA and KLIA 2.
- Flat rate MYR60 is valid until 31st December 2021.
- Tourplus reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions.
Tourplus, a personalized travel platform, is an online travel agency (OTA) that provides a digital local travel guide (certified driver guides and customizable itineraries with reviews available to ease tourists’ user experience) to tourists.
Itineraries such as flights, F&B outlets, shopping malls, hospitality and accommodations, tourist attractions, and more are inevitable items on a trip. Hence, Tourplus came in handy by collating merchants into the list of choices for users to browse through before making decisions.
Currently, Tourplus is moving towards becoming a social travel app that doesn’t only serve as a catalog for users to browse through recommended places, but also a place for social networking among travellers, which makes it more interesting to be acquired, and it’s manufactured in Malaysia. We hope you enjoy using Tourplus for your travel discovery in this multiracial country.